The Centre for Business Management
About the centre
The Centre for Business Management was established in 1988 to assist the University of South Africa in the execution of its responsibility to the community in education, research and community service.
More specifically, the Centre strives to:
- present introductory, pragmatic, non-degree tuition in the management sciences in accordance with the needs of the business community,
- support the responsibility that the University bears towards the community in the South African business world,
- undertake task research for the business world and/or research on the management sciences,
- undertake community service,
- perform the task primarily through the medium of distance education.
The programs that the centre for business management cater for are:
- Business Communication
- Finance management
- Banking Programmes
- General Management and Entrepreneurship
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing Programmes
- Production and Operations Management
- Purchasing, Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
- Retail Management
- Inhouse Courses/Programmes
- Insurance Programmes
In its endeavour to execute the above, the centre accepts the fundamental philosophy of partners in education. This is based on the underlying principle that management education, especially continuing management education, is the responsibility of the University as well as the business community. The centre strives to execute its task in partnership with the staff of the Departments of Business Management; Finance, Risk Management and Banking; Marketing and Retailing and Human Resources Management in particular, and the University as a whole.
For all courses available in at the Center for Business Management http://www.unisa.ac.za/default.asp?Cmd=ViewContent&ContentID=3049